Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Chewy Chewy Chewy Chewy

I had to mow the lawn yesterday.  Like it HAD to be done.  Out of control.  Anywho, I started before Alex was home and had Miss Lulu outside with me.  This set up is ok, but not ideal as she is not quite completely respecting yard boundaries.  So, when Alex got home, I asked him to keep her inside and keep an eye on her.  Apparently the second part of that request went unheard as soon as he and his buddy started playing WWE on the Xbox.

Travis got home just as I was finishing up taming the rain forest we were calling a lawn, and as I was emptying the last of EIGHTEEN mower bagger's full of clippings, I heard Travis inside yelling, "Why in the WORLD is there bubble gum on the dog?!?!"  Uhhhhh, wat.

Yeah, Alex and his buddy were playing video games and taking breaks running upstairs to grab pieces of Double Bubble off the counter.  During a break from shredding the legal pad I use for my work phone log, Lulu decided she needed some gum too.  Apparently she didn't like it, or was chewing with her mouth open, because it got out of her mouth, stuck to the carpet for a hot second and then matted itself into her side while also leaving a 4" string of gum across her side like an arrow pointing to the giant wad of gum that was stuck to her.

Lots of olive oil and a scissors later, she is gum free.  Alex has apologized profusely and helped me clean up the rest of the mess she made while he was so diligently "watching" her.  Sam narrated the whole thing mostly informing me he was pretty sure it was hurting her.  Even though she was almost asleep in my lap. 

Everything is under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment