Monday, September 19, 2016

Toys

Ever since Alex smashed his brand new remote control car, we have been in a cycle of him asking for a new toy which leads to a discussion of how he hasn't been doing such a bang up job showing me he can respect the things and toys we already have and that leading to him trying to tell me he does respect our toys! and he will show me if he can just get whatever new toy it is that he wants.  'Round and 'round we go.

Sunday, we were supposed to go shopping for a birthday present for one of his friends.  Before we even started getting ready to go, I asked him if he was going to be able to deal with the trip fit free since there was no way we were getting anything fun for him.  Of course he can!  Why would I ask such a silly question?!  Buuuuuuuut, since we're going to already be there, isn't there any chance he could get something small.  No.  And that dented plastic baseball bat is a great example of why.  He quickly realized this was not a battle he was going to win, and let it go.

About 10 minutes later, he asked me if I remember the Geode kit his cousin got for Christmas.  I said that I did and he said, "Well, I was thinking...with that you're supposed to demolish it, so maybe that would be a good thing for me to get since I really like demolishing things."

Always thinkin' this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment