Friday, September 23, 2016

Makin' Moves

As I innocently sat at my desk yesterday, I heard the tell tale "ding!" indicating I had a new email.  I eagerly looked up, and saw it was an email from Alex's teacher...and the subject line was just "Alex."  My hand froze hovering over the left click as my stomach fell through the basement below me.  All I could think was, "It's already starting."  I took a deep breath and opened the email.

And this is what I saw:

"Hey Julius Family!  

I just wanted to reach out and say how happy I am to have Alex in class!  I love how hard of a worker he is and how helpful he is to other students!  

In the morning during our circle time I love hearing all of Alex's stories.  He loves to participate and is always so respectful when he does!  He is also really great at asking his peers questions about their stories which shows me how great of a listener he is! 

Thanks again for all you do and tell Alex to keep up the great work! 

 Have a great night!"

First:  Holy exclamation points Batman!

Second:  Huuuuuuuuuh, what that's now?  Can you say that into my good ear?  Are you sure you have the right Alex?

I am not even joking when I tell you I had to actively hold back tears while I sat here rereading it and beaming with pride.  I know it's only the first month of school, but man.  That was an awesome email to get.

When Alex got home, I told him I got an email from his teacher and asked if he wanted to read it.  He looked a little scared and said, "Nooooo, you read it."  So I did, and I got to watch the pride of doing well spread across his face as I read.  It was pretty awesome.

I told him how proud I was of him and how happy it made me feel that he was being an all around good kid in class.  He said he really likes circle time when everyone gets to tell stories.  I bet you do buddy!  I gently asked if he was making sure he was telling stories that were true and his reply just about knocked the wind out of me.

"Oh yes I am!  I don't really like lying anymore."

Oh really?  Do tell me more.

"Yeah, if you lie a lot people won't trust you anymore and then nobody will want to be your friend."
Image result for oh really fool gif
Ya don't say!  Hey, that sounds awfully familiar...you know...like pretty much verbatim what I was trying to drill into your head for the better part of last year!

But insted of that response, I whole heartedly agreed with him and told him that was a very good thing to remember and that I am incredibly happy he is donig so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment