Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday

I was totally on time this morning.  Alex ate something, took a quick bath with Sam, and was the first one to the bus stop.  Sam was dressed and ready to go with a couple minutes to spare.  I got Sam, the dog, my work stuff, Sam's stuff, my beloved coffee, and myself into the truck at exactly the right time.  I was kicking Monday Morning's ass.

But when I got into the truck, I was reminded that somebody (ahem Travis) must have pushed the button to reset the seat adjustments, because my little "Driver 1" button sent me on a ride to the back seat with the steering wheel damn near out of reach.  Not a big deal, I'll just readjust and reset it.  I started making the adjustments and was to the minute tweaking point when all of a sudden the alarm started going off.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

The FOB for the truck is obnoxiously sensitive, so I figured I just sat on it funny and must have hit the "panic" button.  I scrambled to get it out of my pocket and hit the panic button again to turn off the alarm.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

Ok, so that wasn't it.  I tried starting the car to see if that would reset it.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

I tried turning the car off and hitting the unlock button from inside the car.

HONK! HONK! HONK! (and don't forget we are still in the garage so this is echoing like crazy)

I got out and locked the car manually and unlocked it with the FOB.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

Now Travis is out in the garage to see what is going on.  I yell to him that I can't get the alarm to turn off.  He suggests trying the remote start.  I tried the remote start.

HONK! HONK! HONK! (And now Sam is crying)

Travis goes back in the house to get his set of keys while I am now back in the car manically turning it on and off and pushing every button on the FOB.

HONK! HONK! HONK!

Travis comes back into the garage and is now standing between the two vehicles smashing buttons on his FOB.

HONK! HONK! HON ...  silence

I look up in amazement at the wonderful man that is my husband only to have the beautiful silence broken by him bursting out with laughter.

The alarm going off was the alarm on HIS car.

No comments:

Post a Comment