Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Helping?

Alex has been asking if we can paint his room for a while now.  Just my luck, Menards had a sale last weekend that included a very substantial sale on paint.  So off to the hardware store we went.  I should have thought it through before taking Alex with us though, because as soon as we got the paint, he was ready to get that room PAINTED.

I tried to explain to him that there is a fair amount of prep work before you can paint a room.  He was baffled by that, so I told him an example is masking the stuff you don't want paint on.  In his eagerness to get the project started he told me he would do it.  I was giving Sam a bath, so I told him I would show him how/help him when I was done with that.  Oh no, that won't do.  "I can do it Mom, I know what I'm doing."  Oh really?  Suuuuure you do.  Whatever.  Ya know what?  Knock yourself out kiddo.  Masking tape is cheap.

After about 5 minutes he came back into the bathroom to announce his progress:
"I got the whole top of my dresser done Mom!"
"Ummm, buddy?  You don't need to tape your dresser since we can move that out of the room if we need to."
"Oooooohhhhh...huh...well...turns out I don't know what I'm doing."

Again I told him I would do it when I had the chance and he could help me, but it just couldn't be right then.  He begged me to just show him what to do so he could get started.  So, I showed him one strip against the door frame thinking the tediousness of the task would turn him off straight away.  Nope.  "Got it!  Thanks Mom!"

After Sam's bath I found this:
We're going to need more tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment