Friday, April 29, 2016

He's Gonna Break Me

The beginning of this week was pretty darn bad with respect to Mr. Alex's behavior at school.  Monday started off alright, but Tuesday started to go downhill, and then Wednesday was all sorts of bad.  Bad to the tune of ending his day on red and an email to me from his teacher.

Yesterday was much much better.  Like PINK better.  So he asked if he could play his tablet for a little bit.  I just looked at him with shock that he was even bothering to ask after landing on red.  He quickly explained that yes he did land on red, but it took three clip downs to do that, but then yesterday he clipped up three times so they cancel each other out and it's like he landed on green.  Which is just...what.  I mean, I understand his reasoning, but why is he thinking like that already?!?

Anywho, I told him I would think about it, but that he needed to do his homework and spelling words.  He didn't throw a fit and sat down.  He did his homework and spelling words without complaint, and hung in there when I made him go over his words three times.

Once we were done, I told him he could play for a little bit and asked him if he understood why I decided he could play.  He said he wasn't sure, so I told him that I let him play because he did a great job turning it around at school and he didn't complain or throw a fit about getting important stuff done first.

He replied, "Oooooohhhhh!  So if I get good colors and do all my work, I get to play?  Oh, ok.  Now I get it.  That makes more sense."

I just...


No comments:

Post a Comment