Thursday, April 23, 2015

Not Quite the Noble Gas

Sam was home sick yesterday.  He has an ear infection, which isn't contagious so he would have been fine to be at daycare, but he decided to barf everywhere and have juuuuuuuust enough fever to send him home for 24 hours.  Alex hasn't been 100%, but he is no where near staying home sick.  He's the kind of sick where you don't feel super great while you're waking up, but as soon as you get going everything is ok.  At bedtime last night, he showed that he was a little jealous that Sam got to stay home...

Alex:  I'm not going to make it.
Me:  You feelin' alright?
Alex:  No.  My chest hurts.  Like when I breathe in, it hurts.  I think I know why.
Me:  Do tell.
Alex:  My chest hurts when I breathe in because my lungs hurt and my lungs hurt because I'm not getting enough helium.  I really think I need to spend more time outside to make sure I'm getting enough good helium.
Me:  You mean oxygen?
Alex:  Yes.  Oxygen.  I need more good oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment