Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Whatever it takes.

Alex was super sleepy this morning.  He refused to get out of bed because he was so warm and it was cold out there and it didn't matter that I had his clothes under the blanket warming up, they were going to be cold because he didn't know the temperature of his blankets so how could he know if his clothes were warm enough and no, touching them would not grant him that knowledge because obviously they are sooooo cooooold.

Finally the threat of me leaving without him roused him enough to at least get dressed.  But once downstairs he could by no means put his boots on because he was so upset that he was going to miss Aiden throughout the day.  Like for real crying because he was going to miss the dog.  The dog that avoids him at all costs.

So, I did what I had to do.  I offered him a mini KitKat if he would get ready to go.  No, I didn't say bribed...I said offered.  It has such a better ring to it.  He immediately stopped crying and was totally on board with leaving...as long as that KitKat was accompanied by a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  Smart kid.

Judge away if you want, but that kid was happy as a clam and I was one non-stressed mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment