Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Fashion Struggle Bus

I have a habit of dressing the boys very similar to myself.  Not on purpose mind you.  I just end up grabbing the same general outfit for me and whatever kiddo I've grabbed clothes for.  I never notice it until someone points it out to me.  In the past it's always been a daycare teacher giving me some static about being twins with one of the boys.

Yesterday, I didn't notice I did it again with Sam, and the teacher didn't call me out when I picked him up.  I finally noticed it when we were leaving CVS after talking to multiple people...
Apparently I was feeling all sorts of NASA yesterday morning.

I don't have this issue with Alex anymore since he just grabs his clothes, but he is a hot mess in his own right.  He doesn't really care about matching/appearance.  As long as it's comfy, he'll wear it.  This leads to him usually just grabbing whatever shirt and pair of shorts are on top, no matter the color.

He's been riding his bike to school again, but it was rainy this morning, so I told him I would drive him.  After some back and forth and him revealing the plans he made with a couple neighbor kids to ride together that he had not told me about, he was back to riding his bike.  It was no longer actively raining, but the pavement was wet, so I told him he could ride if he wanted to, but his butt was going to get soaked from the spray of his back wheel.  "Oh, don't worry, Mom.  I've got that covered."  He comes downstairs, poses in a "ta da!" type stance, and says, "See?  Double shirt, double shorts.  I'm all good."

No comments:

Post a Comment