Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Soltuions

Shortly after Day Light Saving Time this fall, our living room clock fell off the wall and shattered on the steps.  Whoops!  Looks like whoever reset the clock did a shit job of rehanging it.  Wait, that was me?  Ah well, I did a shit job of rehanging the clock after I diligently made sure it was turned one hour back.  No good deed goes unpunished.

After looking at the blank space every 12 minutes or so for about a week after there was no longer a clock there, I noticed a friend of mine had posted a clock for sale.  It has a lot of the colors of our interior and it is the perfect size.  I showed it Travis and he was not very enthused, but followed his viewing with his standby line when he doesn't like something I've picked out, "Your call...I don't know anything about interior decorating."  Good.  I'm gettin' it.

Since I got the clock and hung it, he frequently points out that he thinks the clock is hard to read; especially when the big hand is on one of the 15's.  E.g., at 12:15 he'll pipe up with, "Gee, I don't know if it's 12 o'clock, 12:15, 12:30, or 12:45."  He thinks he's hilarious.  I fixed the problem while he was gone on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment