Saturday, December 1, 2018

Quick Wit

When I drop Alex off at school, he is faced with one of two options for entering the school.  Which option he gets is dependent on how early we get there.  If we get there early, he has to walk up a big hill and go across the playground and go in the back doors.  If we get there late enough, he just walks in the front door.  I have no clue why it is set up this way, but I trust the administration has a solid reason for it, and as you can imagine, my darling prefers the latter.

The other morning was a bit of a bear.  Both boys were literally dragging their feet getting ready as I felt my patience winnowing away.  After some sharp words, we were finally all in the car.  We had a chat on the way about how we could be better organized so we could avoid all feeling crummy to start our days.

Everything was back on track and as we pulled in I mentioned to Alex that we were late enough that he didn't have to walk up the hill.  With a little smirk, he quickly said, "I'd like to think that is partially due to my efforts."  He's lucky I know he wasn't functioning with that much forethought when he was moving like a sloth on downers to get out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment