Thursday, November 9, 2017

Pee Walker

We have been trying to get Sam to be potty trained through the night.  There was some back and forth about the timing...I think/thought he was too little.  Travis thinks/thought he is fine and was sick of buying Pull-Ups.  Due to the disagreeing opinions, "we" decided Travis would have to be the one to wake Sam up to go to the bathroom during the night.  That was the only way we could convince Alex's body to realize it needed to pee, so we figured we'd start there with Sam.

Well, when I'm wrong I will admit it.  And for quite a few months, I happily did not have to admit it while I was begrudgingly washing bedding almost every night.  But, all of a sudden, it stuck...for the most part.  He still doesn't usually wake up on his own, but he is making it through the night more often than not.

Last night, he woke up, called for me, and said he had to pee.  So we stumbled to the bathroom.  At the threshold, Sam dropped his undies to his ankles and started waddling into the bathroom.  My thought of this being odd quickly shifted to NO!NO!NO!NO! when I realized he was peeing while walking to the toilet.  So, today instead of washing bedding, I am scrubbing the bathroom floor.

I'm buying more Pull-Ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment