Monday, March 6, 2017

Helpers

On Saturday, I decided to get some cleaning done.  First up was the couch.  I needed to spot clean the cushions because I am lazy in the morning, and I let Sam eat a granola bar while sitting on the couch watching TV.  Which would be fine if the little turd had mastered getting food in his mouth.  Alas, he has not, and inevitably I end up picking sticky pieces of oats off the couch which in turn leave little grease spots.  One would think I would foresee this issue and stop being lazy and letting him have the granola bars on the couch.  Yeah, ok.  I'm sure there are some moms out there that are brimming with get up and go at 6am, but this mama ain't one of 'em.  Couch granola it is.

The cushion cleaning led me to lifting the cushions up and revealing the snack treasure trove residing beneath.  So I got the vacuum and its various attachments ready for battle.  Only issue there is both boys are obsessed with vacuums.  So the second you bring it out, they want to help.  Admittedly, this is becoming to be a useful obsession when it comes to Alex because he is old enough to not totally suck at vacuuming.  The little one though?  Not so much.

He got to me first and asked if he could vacuum the couch.  Fine...I'll keep working on the granola grease spots.  But him working on the couch quickly morphed into him wanting to vacuum me.  Nothankyou.  Alex, however, was more than willing to let his brother vacuum him.  So I let those two yahoos entertain each other, and I headed to the stairs to do some spot cleaning on the carpet.  We've got a lot of spots that need cleaning.

I was about to get working on the third step when I heard, "FOOOMP!  wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" from the vacuum.  By the time I came up the steps, Alex had the vacuum off, unplugged, and had removed the canister.  Obviously, I asked what they sucked up with the vacuum.  With a grin, Alex replied, "Soooooo...I probably should have made a better choice...it was my sock.  But!  I already looked and it's not stuck in the filter and it didn't make it all the way through to the canister, so it must just be in the tube somewhere!"

Oh good!  Now we just have to search the 6 foot long tube and crevice tool!

We found it jammed up at the end of the crevice tool, and with some banging on the floor and digging around with a wooden skewer everything was right as rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment