Monday, February 20, 2017

InfluBOOOOOza

Alex has the flu.  He wasn't feeling well on Friday night, but then woke up better on Saturday, so I brought him to my mom's birthday party.  But as the evening went on, he was clearly not better.  And on the way home, he was a whole lot not better.  I quick midnight trip to the doc complete with a chest xray, a bunch of Tylenol and ibuprofen, and strep and flu swabs, and we left with a flu diagnosis.

I feel so bad.  I feel bad because I completely misjudged how he was feeling, and brought a germy kid to a party.  I feel bad because I totally spaced getting him a flu shot this year.  And I feel bad because even though I didn't get him to get one, I managed to get one for myself when I was at the doctor last.

If you need me, I'll be over here in my Russian nesting dolls of guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment