Tuesday, October 25, 2016

When?

When when when WHEN will my son stop cutting his shirts?  Seriously.  When?  When will this phase be done?  'Cause I'm ready for it to be over.

Yesterday he came home and took off his sweatshirt to reveal an inch and a half slice in the front hem of his shirt that he has worn TWICE.  Twice.  As in this was the second time he wore it since I bought it.  Are you kidding me dude??!

As soon as I spotted it, I asked what that was all about.

"Well...when we were on our hike in the woods, my shirt got caught on a bra....nah, I cut it.  Sorry Mom."
"Why?!  Why did you cut your shirt again?"
"'Cause I wanted to see what was inside."

Oh you wanted to see what was inside your shirt?!  It's cotton!  The same as on the freaking outside!!

After I settled a bit, I realized that he had stopped himself mid-lie, and he had chosen the truth.  This is a monumental step for Mr. Alex.  So, I was a good mom, and I told him that while I was very frustrated he cut his shirt again, I was happy he chose to tell the truth about it.  I even managed to unclenched my teeth while I said it!

No comments:

Post a Comment