Thursday, October 6, 2016

Converted Critic

Alex is still very into watching cooking shows; Chopped Junior in particular.  I love the creativity it sparks in him and his new manner of talking about food cracks me up.

I made fried rice a couple weeks ago and I put water chestnuts in it.  Alex tried them, but decided he didn't care for them.  Fine.  Fried rice was requested again, so I made it yesterday and again I put water chestnuts in it because...well, because I like them so he can deal!  He decided to try them again which is great, but I had taken the time to pick them all out of his serving.  No good deed goes unpunished.  Anywho, he tasted one and put this out there:

"Ya know?  I do like water chestnuts!  The taste is very mild but they give a good crunch to each bite."

Thank you Julia Child.


No comments:

Post a Comment