Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Welp, she's back in my life.  That wretched woman that makes me swear and sweat and be sore all over.  Yep.  The She Devil herself:  Jillian Michaels.

I started the 30 Day Shred again.  I just finished day 2.  I hate her all over again.  My thighs feel like they are made of jalapeño jelly, and it hurts to cross my arms.  Good stuff top to bottom.  I know I posted a half marathon training schedule not too long ago, but for some reason I am having an incredibly hard time digging up the motivation to run.  Which is odd for me and I don't like it one bit.  So maybe the 30 Day Shred is self punishment for not feeling the running love?  Maybe.  I haven't a clue.  But what I do know is that this body of mine is not acceptable to this brain of mine and somethin's gotta give.  So if that means I have to be angry with Jillian for a while, so be it.  I'm pretty sure she's alright with it.

The last two days, I made sure to work out while Alex was a summer school so I didn't have anyone giving me a reason not to get it done.  But then that means I show up all work out nasty to pick him up.  This wouldn't be a problem if that child would come out to the car, but he doesn't.  He waits until he sees me walking to the door before he busts outta there.  Today, he came running out, grabbed my hand, looked at my shirt, and said, "Whoa.  Super sweaty huh?"  Yes, Captain Obvious, I am super sweaty.  Or as I think we should start calling it, my shirt is covered in Fat Melting Marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment