Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Honk if you love me!

Yesterday I was backing out of the garage while talking to Alex, and I was apparently not paying attention, because I caught the driver's side view mirror on the side of the garage.  It bent back, popped the mirror out, and cracked the casing around the mirror.  I stopped myself from using all sorts of colorful language to express how I felt and got out to survey the damage.  As soon as I got out, Alex scampered into the driver's seat to check it out.  The whole time I was trying to get everything put back together, I had to listen to a narrative of how bad this was, and how expensive it was going to be to fix it, and how upset Travis was going to be, and how it was just unbelieveable that I didn't see the garage there.  I finally couldn't take it anymore.  I calmly wiped the sweat from my forehead while informing my darling son that I was very upset about what I had done, and having him continually tell me how bad it was was not helping me feel any better about it.  After a beat of reflection, he apologized but finished off with, "But this is a baaaaaaaaaad day Mom."  Thanks.

Quick aside that I promise ties in:
When we bought our truck last September, Travis left me with the salesman to go through all the settings since I would be the one driving it the most.  Travis happens to have one little pet peeve when it comes to cars:  it completely annoys him if they honk when you lock them with the remote.  So obviously when we got to that setting, I made sure it did just that.  Then when I was in California at the end of May, Travis was driving the truck more than usual and low and behold when I came home, the setting had been changed and the truck no longer honked when you locked it.  I never said anything about it and let it go.  Kinda.

This morning Travis told me he would take the truck because he was going to be over near an auto body shop we have used in the past, and he would stop in to see if they could quick pop everything back into place.  He was going to also drop Sam off at daycare on his way, but his morning routine took a bit longer than planned, so I took Sam instead.  And on the way home, I made sure to pull over and change the setting back to honking upon remote lock.

It'll just be a little reminder that I'm thinking of him and I love him every time he locks the truck throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment