Wednesday, May 4, 2016

And We're Off!

Sam isn't technically turning 2 until the 21st, but he's giving us a good preview of those good ol' Terrible Two's.  Damn.  Everything and anything that doesn't go exactly how he wants it causes a complete meltdown/reboot cycle in his brain.

This morning was going great for the first hour.  But then we needed to get ready to take Alex to the bus stop and Samalamadingdong spotted some strawberries.  I picked up the bowl to give him one, and since he is ever attached to my hip he had access to the bowl, and he greedily reached in and grabbed two.  I calmly told him that he could have one at a time and took one strawberry from him.  Some quick math wll clearly show I left him with a strawberry in his possession.  But this atrocity would not do.  He wanted TWO strawberries to run around with while I tried to cram him into a sweatshirt.  TWO strawberries Mom...did you miss the memo?

He stood there in the kitchen, screaming at me with little tears staining his ever reddening cheeks, completely unable to be soothed.  Alex came in the kitchen, looked at me wide-eyed, and quietly asked, "What. is. happening?"

2.  2 is what is happening buddy.  Strap in; it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment