Friday, July 11, 2014

Status quo

The mosquitoes this year are out of control.  I'm sure it doesn't help that our lawn is much grassier than our lawn at the old house, but good gravy.  Every time we let the dog in or out, a baker's dozen of the little bastards get in the house.

I got a new sprinkler for Alex for his birthday and we tried to use it last night.  Both of us sprayed down with bug spray and after the 37th bite between the two of us, we gave up.  Which was a shame because that sprinkler is hilarious.  It was a very good thing I recently learned that Orajel takes the itch out of bug bites.  Alex may have had more Orajel than skin by the time I had all the bites covered, but he didn't scratch each one to the point of bleeding, so I figure we'll call that a win.

After I had the elder beast child in bed, I was on the phone while in the living room and I got bitten by mosquitoes four times.  Four times.  While IN MY HOUSE.  And one of the times, the little jerk was biting the side of my face and I brilliantly forgot I was wearing my glasses when I violently smacked the side of my head to kill the flying assailant.  I am shocked I don't have a bruise on the bridge of my nose where my glasses slammed into my face.  But?  I got him.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that even with a second baby, I still have complete control over my surroundings.  I got this.

No joke, another one just buzzed passed my head.  That's it.  I'm painting the walls with OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment