Thursday, December 26, 2013

Slow it on down now.

This past week and a half was absolutely  nuts.  I could not have made it through everything without the help of awesome family and friends.  Claire's impeccable glassware packing skills, Kari's astounding get shit in boxes and go skills, Mariah's thoughtful cupcake delivery, the muscles and dedication of Chad, Brent, Jeffrey, Reid, and my father-in-law.  And all the "Go Team!"s and "You Can Do It!"s from the people that love us.  But most of all, I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the insanity without the massive amounts of love, support, and help from my mom and Nicki.

They were there to hold Alex and my hands through an emotional, but fast and successful trip to the surgery center.  They boxed up more of my stuff than I did I'm pretty sure.  They lifted and cleaned and sorted and moved all of our belongings.  They boosted my confidence when it faltered, and made sure I knew everything was going to work out and everything was going to be ok.  And through it all, they kept us laughing.  So much laughing.

I prefer to just get things done myself.  I don't like needing people to do things for me.  I don't like putting my needs on other people, so I push through and try to figure it out and I don't ask for help.  They didn't wait for me to ask.  They refused my assurances that I could do it and that I didn't need them to go out of their way so much to help.  And thank everything under the sun they did.  I needed it.  Real bad like.

Thank you, Mom and Nicki.  Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment