Thursday, February 8, 2018

Blunt

Ohheyhai!  Yeah...so...it's been a while.  ~checks calendar~  HOLY SHIT!  I have written anything down since January 24th?!?!  Sweet sassy molassy.  Well, I will use normal excuses.  Work, hockey, work, insane children, work, confused dog, work, work, work.  Did I say work?  It's been really busy. 

Anywho, I had to come back today to document the stellar parenting skills I put on display this morning.

First a little background...I'm not sure if it's due to the cold or the snow or her age, but Aiden is having a hard time remembering inside the house is decidedly not where she is to relieve herself.  She will scratch at the door, and as long as I am there to let her out within 11.2 seconds of her scratching, we're good.  Until we're not.  She'll go out there for a short time, come back in, walk two laps around the house, pantomime a scratch at the door, and then promptly shit on the floor.  And that's all if I get to the door when she scratches.  If I don't make it there in time, she just straight away pees and poops on the floor.  It's fun.

Both boys have seen and heard our frustration when stumbling upon (and in Travis's case stepping right in and tracking it through the living room) whatever mess that day has brought.  It's usually some sort of guttural groan followed with, "that DOG!"  This morning was no different.  Apparently it didn't matter to her that I hauled my cookies out of bed before 5am to let her out.  She preferred to use the living room floor just before 6:30.

But this morning, while I was cleaning it up, Sam said, "Ugggh!  That DOG!  You need to tell her, if she doesn't stop pooping and peeing where she's not supposed to, you're going to throw her in the garbage!"  Now, the sensible part of my brain knows he's a three year old and he doesn't actually mean any harm, nor does he want me to throw the dog away.  But it turns out the sensible part of my brain wasn't quite awake this morning.  The snarky part of my brain was though.  So I responded, "Welp.  We didn't throw you in the garbage when you used to poop and pee where you weren't supposed to.  We kept you around, so I'm thinkin' we'll skip the garbage can for the dog."

Morning sunshines!

No comments:

Post a Comment